Monday, February 21, 2011

A Special Name

My dad just opened his own business, so we had to pick a name for his business. We (my family and I) wanted to pick a name that was unique, but easy to remember. Something that wasn't being used by anyone, yet had a certain flair. Eventually we came up with one, but it was a long process.

When I was thinking about starting a blog, I wanted to pick something that was like that; easy to remember but unique. Tastefully Teaish came from a couple things, the first and foremost being my love ( a slight addiction) to tea. I LOVE tea. When I come home from school, the first thing I do is pop a mug of water in the microwave and my make myself a glass. It's comforting.

The other factor was the "tasteful" part. I have ( and am) growing up in a home that is a place of propriety. We don't burp out loud without saying excuse me, we always dress up to go to the theater, the presentation of the dinner is just as important as the food. It's a place where things are done tastefully. So by combining two of the things that I love, being proper and tea, I came up with a name that suits me as a person and is different. It's good to be different.

1 comment:

  1. Samantha, you are a lovely young woman in every sense of the word. I LOVE tea also. The name you chose for your blog is both stylish and memorable. (thanks for the mention in your previous post-I had no idea I'd been immortalized in song:) Love, Ms. Jaci

    ReplyDelete